THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sweep the Leg

There are several 80's movies that I have watched so many times, I can still to this day quote the entire movie. One of these fantastic movies (I own the box set) is Karate Kid. You can only imagine my excitement when I found out that one of my childhood friends met Johnny Lawrence, fell in love with him and was marrying him in St. Louis!!!!! His real name is Billy Zabka (he'll always be Johnny to me), and for those of you that have not watched it in awhile (shame on you), he is Ralph's blond opponent throughout the movie. The one that was told to "Sweep the leg. You got a problem with that?" So...I got to go to their wedding Sunday evening! I was on my best behavior, even though I wanted to talk to him only using quotes from the movie. I can't help but put a couple of pictures up, though--don't be jealous. And, by the way, I'm also excited for my friend! PS--he wrote and directed a music video a couple of years ago called "Sweep the Leg." It's hilarious. You should look it up.


4 comments:

amy said...

I am still laughing...... :)

Chad and Alison said...

Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything. --Mr. Miyagi

Only you Sarah "Thompson"

FYI--We are expecting a new arrival in December around Christmas

Lizzie said...

LOL! I own the Karate Kid, too! :) Wait until I tell Andrew that you've met Johnny...although I'm sure he can't be any more excited than I am... :) BTW, Parker is growing so much! He's beautiful. Hope you're doing well! (Isn't it funny that I think my kids are musical geniuses, too! Ingrid sings on pitch all the time--at not yet 3 years old...and Rowan dances heartily keeping the beat. We've told them, though, that they have to at least get an education degree if they want to go into the arts. They'll thank us someday...) :) Love, Lizzie

Lizzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.